driving alone or at night.
· Keep all car doors locked and windows
closed while in or out of your car. Set your
alarm or use an anti-theft device.
· If you must shop at night, park in a
· Avoid parking next to vans, trucks with
camper shells, or cars with tinted windows.
· Park as close as you can to your
destination and take notice of where you
· Never leave your car unoccupied with the
motor running or with children inside.
· Do not leave packages or valuables on the
seat of your car. This creates a temptation
for thieves. If you must leave something in
the car, lock it in the trunk or put it out
· Be sure to locate your keys prior to going
to your car.
· Keep a secure hold on your purse, handbag
and parcels. Do not put them down or on top
of the car in order to open the door.
· When approaching and leaving your vehicle
be aware of your surroundings.
· Do not approach your car alone if there
are suspicious people in the area.
Ask mall or store security for an escort
before leaving your shopping location.